Find Your Car Paint Color
PaintScratch is the leading online provider of professional grade car paints with over 100,000 colors available. Our customers have touched up hundreds of thousands of cars with our spray cans, paint pens, and other products. Order touch up paint for your car today.
Click your vehicle to get started:
From fixing brand new Toyota paint, to restoring the car paint on a vintage 1950s Chevy, we've got the car paint colors you need. We offer over 100,000 car paint colors, so we can almost guarantee you will find the right color for your paint repair.
How to Fix Auto Paint
So your car paint was just damaged and that nice auto paint job is suddenly not looking so good anymore. You want to repair your car's paint before people notice and it starts to rust, but what are your options for paint repair?
- Leave the car's paint alone? Not a good choice for those who care about their auto paint.
- Go to the auto body shop? Maybe they'll do a good paint repair, but it will probably cost you hundreds of dollars.
- Learn how to repair your car's paint with touch up paint? The best car paint repair option for drivers who want to restore car paint affordably. It is easy to get great results with our car paint repair kits.
Fix Car Paint with Touch Up Paint
We've had countless customers get great looking exterior paint by going the the do it yourself paint repair route. Check out touch up paint reviews from our customers who fixed their car paint using touch up paint. You can repair your car paint by following these steps:
- Find your car paint color. Use our search function or start by selecting your vehicle make in the list on this page.
- Find your auto paint color code. Make sure you have selected the right car paint. Our instructions for your car show you where to find a car paint color code.
- Order a touch up paint kit. Repair your paint with our high quality paint touch up products!
- Test the color match. Before applying the paint to your car, try the auto paint on another surface like a metal can or an old picture to test the match. Let it dry, and if it looks good, your're ready to start that paint repair.
- Practice applying touch up paint. Get used to sraying, brushing, or using one of our paint pens before using it on your auto paint.
- Choose good painting conditions. For best car paint repair results, find a place (like your garage) that has low humidity, is not in direct sunlight, and is at least 50°F for brush cap bottles and paint pens, and at least 70°F for car spray paint.
- Prepare your car paint for paint repair. Clean the auto paint area you want to touch up using soap or wax and grease remover. If your auto paint is rusty, remove all traces of rust with 220 grit sandpaper or a wire brush, and apply Rust Away (sold in our accessory store).
- Apply primer or clearcoat to your car paint. If the surface is bare metal, you need to apply primer first. Use very thin coats of clearcoat. Let it dry (overnight for best paint repair results).
- Apply a basecoat of your paint color. This is the actual auto paint color you ordered to fix your car paint. Apply several thin coats to get the level of the repaired paint to match the level of the surrounding car paint. Let it dry overnight.
- Apply clearcoat to your auto paint. Apply several thin layers of clear coat, letting it dry between coats (about 10-20 mins).
- Make your car paint smooth and shiny with rubbing compound. Wait at least three days, then apply rubbing compound to the the entire area of car paint you fixed. This will make it smooth and shiny. Wait at least 30 days before waxing.
- For more detailed instructions and scratch repair tips, please visit our How to Apply Touch Up Paint Instructions page.
Let Us Help You Make Your Car Paint Look New Again
Several hundred thousand customers have already repaired their auto paint using touch up paint kits from PaintScratch.com. We take pride in offering the highest quality car paints and great customer service so that your car paint repair will be successful. We're happy to answer any questions, and our scratch repair experts will gladly help you learn how to repair your car paint.
Get your car paint repair started by clicking your vehicle make in the list above.