PaintScratch Touch Up Paint  ›  What to Order  ›  QUARTER-SIZED HOLE DOWN TO METAL
Topic Started by:
Printable Version

Posted by: gogosox55 Posted on: July 18th, 2006, 5:25pm

I haven't just jumped to the forum without reading stuff first. I really have read the site instructions, the forum, the FAQ's, the What to Buy section, etc. and I still have a question. I guess I am just an idiot, but I am not a confident car woman.

It says use the 1 oz. kit for "scratches" pencil eraser sized and smaller, the 2 oz for "scratches" and "chips" but it doesn't say what size exactly--bigger but how big? Then it says use the spray for large areas. Mine is right inbetween and I want to make sure I order correctly. I hit the side of my garage, and I got a spot on the back bumper a little larger than the size of a quarter, with smaller scratches around it. It's not what I could call a "scratch" or a "chip" at all. It's a hole. It's not tiny. The paint peeled off down to the black metal. I know I need primer, I know I need base coat and clear coat, but for that size would 2 oz. brush or the spray be better?  I just got confused with a scratch vs. a chip vs. a large area. It seems like a spray would go on better for a larger hole, but maybe not.

Thanks for anyone that can help. I appreciate your time.

Posted by: admin Posted on: July 24th, 2006, 6:01pm
Reply: 1

This size is a bit large for the bottle/brush. To do it right you will need to spray it.
However, spraying gets you into a larger project, so it's really a matter of choice.
It depends on how particular you are and how much work you want to do.

» Print page generated: May 22nd, 2018, 4:20am «
Powered by e-blah Platinum 5 � 2001-2004