|PaintScratch Touch Up Paint Paint Help A few questions
Topic Started by: Maxma01
|Posted by: Maxma01
||Posted on: January 29th, 2006, 9:29pm
OK, this is my first try at painting, I have done a couple months of research, but please bare with me:
1. I was told that you need 2 types of primers: etching and sealer. However, the order page just says "Primer"... how does that work?
2. Do your paints need an activator added before painting? I didn't see that on the order page either.
3. When reducing the paint with Laquer thinner, what's the ratio to add to the basecoat and clearcoat?
4. Before painting, can I just wipe the car down with laquer thinner instead of the special cleaner?
5. If painting 2 bumpers/grille/moldings/mirror, will one can of the bulldog adhesion promoter be enough, and when do I apply the anti-static thing?
6. Is it possible to pick up the paint from san leadro, Im only 10minutes away.
Thank you for your time :)
|Posted by: admin
||Posted on: February 21st, 2006, 7:51pm
1) Not sure what you are painting but you either need a metal primer or rubberized primer which are both sold on our site.
2) No activator needed.
4) I would use the special cleaner or detergent and not lacquer thinner.
5) Each can will cover around six square feet so I would measure first. Not sure what the anti-static thing is but perhaps you are talking about the tack rag which is used to clean the surface just prior to painting.
6) Yes, you can pick up the paint there after ordering on our website.
|» Print page generated: March 25th, 2018, 7:55am «
Powered by e-blah Platinum 5 � 2001-2004